The REF501S stereo amplifier has incredible power per square inch with two independent mono boards in a single chassis. Independent power supplies and isolated input signal filter technology reduces high power amplifier energy for a cleaner, transparent power.
The Bel Canto Impedance Optimized Input Stage is a balanced high Common Mode Rejection, low output impedance driver that is critical to the amplifier’s performance, ensuring that the refined dynamic qualities of the recording are preserved. Our custom AC/DC input filter and energy storage stage to allows the amp module to operate in a better controlled environment, providing lower noise operation and better dynamic signal handling, making the amplifier sound ‘bigger’ and conveying dynamic nuance more accurately.
The WBT NextGen connectors provide the best possible connection from the amplifier to the speaker cables. We choose them because they impart minimal sonic signature to the sound, remaining open and grain-free up throughout the audio frequency band.
Ref501s Amplifier Specifications
- Max Power Output: 250W per channel 1% THD
- Minimum Load: 3 ohms per channel
- Peak Output Current:17.5 amperes per channel
- Output Impedance @ 100Hz: < 8Milliohms
- Freq Response: 1.5hz-70khz +/- 3dB all loads
- THD+N: 0.003% 1W, 1KHz, 4 ohms
- IMD (CCIF): 0.0003%, 1W, 14:15KHz, 4 ohms
- Dynamic Range: 121dB
- Output Noise: 35uVRMS A-weighted 10Hz-20KHz
- Volatge gain: 27dB (single ended or balanced input)
- Damping factor: >1000
- RCA input impedance: 100Kohms
- XLR input impedance: 95Kohms
- Maximum Output:………5.5Vrms balanced XLR, 2.5Vrms Rca
- Output connections 2-sets WBT Nextgen 5-way binding posts
- Weight: 7Kg
- Power usage on: 19W
- Power usage off: 0W
- Dimensions:………………….W216 mm x D305 mm x H88 mm