VIDA was released in 2002, after 10years now, its sound, performance and design are well evaluated, and recognized as an outstanding phono stage amplifier in world-wide. VIDA, LCR type equalization system by semiconductor circuit, this was the first approach ever, and still keep the distinguish position. Now, we would like to announce new version VIDA-MkII.
Exterior design is not so much changed, because this design is already perfect and no room for improvement. However internal circuit, PCB, specifications and sonic performance are refined.
- LCR filter type phono equalizer amplifier. L=inductor, C=capacitor, R=resistor.
- To have ideal “L” of RIAA inductor, equivalent DC resistance factor is strictly selected to improve quality factor. Use 4 pieces L. 2 for high range compensation and 2 for low range compensation. Aurorasound logo printed special version made by Lundahl.
- Aurora AMP module2 rev4.0, discrete precision and high performance same with VIDA-Supreme.
- Optimized signal flow and path by eliminating a wire harness by new print circuit board.
- Robustness chassis design against external radio noise and magnetic leakage.
- By these changes, L/R channel separation is improved +6dB, this is double improvement.
- THD+N, Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise factor is improved from 0.028% to 0.012%. Double improved.
- Stability and reliability are improved for longer term life. Sonic perforce is enhanced. Fulfilling mid-range, clear and tight bass, elegant high range with 3D stereo image.
- Input section is changed from MC/MM to Phono-1/Phono-2
- MC/MM selectable gain and load impedance for each input.
- By this change, two MC inputs, two MM inputs or MC/MM inputs are selectable.
- MUTE SW is changed to OMRON made, better touch and feel.
- RCA jack, rhodium plated on solid brass. (no changed)
- Customized options are available, as well as VIDA.
|Input||Phono-1 / Phono-2|
|MC/MM select||MC gain 65dB Cartridge load impedance Low/under 15ohm, High/over 15ohm
MM gain 40dB Cartridge load impedance 47kohm
|Output||RCA, 2Vrms, Output impedance 910Ω|
|RIAA deviation||10Hz ~ 20kHz +/-0.25dB|
|THD+N||0.012% MC input, @1kHa, A-Weighted|
|Input referrer noise||-138dBV MC ground short|
|Channel separation||90dB, @10kHz|
|Functions||Phono-1/Phono-2 select, MC/MM select, MC cartridge load impedance select
Stereo/Mono, Subsonic Filter, Cartridge degauss
|AC power||Europe/Asia model AC 220-240V 50-60Hz, USA model AC110-120V 50/60H|
|Size||Main unit W260mm x D250mm x H100mm, 2.8kg
PSU W114mm x D200mm x H70mm, 1.4kg